Saturday, September 1, 2007

Surprise a day before my birthday!

I have (as Heather says) stepped over to the other side of youth! Couldn't have said it better!
It's weird being 30 and yet still feeling as if I were in college still. Some memories of my childhood are so fresh it's as if they happened yesterday.

Well, I must say, I am going to embrace my age with both arms wide open. If my dad at age 71 could still swing off a river bank holding on to a rope and ending his adventure with a big splash...I can too. I feel so young because my parents are so young at heart, enjoying many discoveries with us. My parents make me feel as if I am still 16 (it helps that they are in good shape).

After working with older patients in Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab for 4.5 years made me realize just how young and healthy I am. I appreciated working with those struggling to survive and still finding purpose in life even though they had close encounters with death. It's true, life is short. So I might as well live it up and face each day with a kiss and a smile. Having Tim in my life makes it ten times sweeter. Now I have a friend to enjoy these journeys with.


I had a fabulous birthday week as it surprisingly spread itself out. Tim and I drove back from Nashville on Monday from Tom and Christine Rubino's wedding in Birmingham. Upon arriving home, Tim stalled me from cooking dinner to join him on the coach for a foot massage. I couldn't resist because this has only been offered one time before. I usually have to beg him. In the middle of one foot, he stops and urges me to look out the window. To my surprise Ruth Nichols, Holly Tolson, and Emily Wicker were standing outside with Happy Birthday hats, a big card, and a balloon. They came to kidnap me, blindfolded me, and took me to The Chocolate Bar for dessert. This was my first time going there. This restaurant serves chocolate in almost everything on their menu. I was starving so the girls bought me a salad and a yummy Bailey's Banana Split. It was huge!


Holly, Emily, me, and Ruth


Ruth leading me to the car.


Eating the cherry off the top of my yummy banana split.


Thanks girls...I needed that time with you. Thanks for making my birthday special.

No comments: