Then superwoman came.
We arrived in Georgia on Wednesday afternoon. My brother and his wife, Jaymi, just arrived at my parents house also. Then came the Orr family from Atlanta that evening. Every guest bedroom was full of family. I can imagine being grandparents filling their house with family is a proud occasion.
Turkey day was mostly occupied with cooking and playing with nephews and nieces.
Tim was showing the guys how he plays one of his favorite strategy computer games.
Cameron, Tim and Devin went hunting for lizards. This is their favorite thing to do at Papa and Grammy's house.
Kristen was running in the yard with her mouth open, tongue out, catching mist and beginning rain drops as we sat on the porch. The temperature was 70 degrees. Wow...hot Thanksgiving.
Marialyce and I enjoyed the front porch. Kristen came to play checkers with me when it started to rain harder.
Marialyce is the musician in the family and only on holidays are we all together to play a fun duet. My parents encouraged all of us to take 2 years of piano when we were young...it's only now that I wish I took more and remembered more. I forgot the name of the song we played but it is a famous tune.
All the women ate together in the tea room. The guys sat in the dinning room.
We played alphabet Go-Fish after dinner and watched football games. Go Dawgs!
We also celebrated Kristen's birthday, which was the day after Thanksgiving, Nov. 24th. She turned 4 years old. My hair was just like hers when I was young, color and curls. The older I got, the darker.
Kristen's sweat shirt says "Social Butterfly"
Blowing out the plastic candles.
Jaymi's birthday was the next day, Nov. 25th. Happy last year in the 20's.
Kristen shared a piece of cake with Nathan and Jaymi.
The day after Thanksgiving Nathan, Jaymi, and Tim and I went to visit Georgia College, my Alma mater in Milledgeville, GA. Not only did I go to college here but Mama Padgett's mother attended the same school when it was an all women's college. I enjoyed taking Tim to a place of history that influenced his side of the family as well.
Nathan and Jaymi, we enjoyed the one on one with you guys. Thanks for coming with us.
Georgia College was established in the middle 1800's.
These buildings are SOOOOO old. I love the columns.
The Bragg's and Padgett's had fun climbing this old ginkgo tree on front campus.
The gorgeous sky and this bright gold tree would make anyone gasp for air at the sight.
After staying at my parents house, Tim and I drove north to eastern Atlanta and stayed with my sister and her family for 2 days. Tim was always occupied with the boys attention so I got to hang out with Mari and Kristen. Mari took us girls to the Nutcracker ballet for a Christmas gift. Thank you!
They guys playing the game called "Life."
Kristen was inspired by the dancers so she dressed in her own Sugar Plum fairy costume.
Devin is the tallest, Cameron and then Kristen. They are all standing on their feet.
4 comments:
Oh, Em! These are G-RRRREAT pictures! You're such a good storyteller, too. We can't wait to hang out with you guys again. We love you guys! Hope your upcoming move goes well. We'll be praying for you.
LOVE the pic of you and Tim in that beautiful tree. That is a framer for sure!
So sad that we weren't in Nashville when ya'll were driving through. I look forward to being closer to the Padgetts one day... perhaps in Chi-Town? Good luck with the move and all the transitions ahead. I know that they'll be challenging, but God is paving your way!
Hello, when I did a search on my name, this blog came up. Nice to see more Padgetts! such a beautiful family. DeAnna Padgett
Post a Comment