Spring Break has been absolutely refreshing...catching up on sleep, walks to the zoo almost every morning (6 min. walk), longer conversations over meal times, relaxing while watching movies and of course working at the bank for Emmalee and FSI/Macaroni Grill for Tim.
Tim and I started watching From the Earth to the Moon a couple of days ago...wow! It's addicting. I have enjoyed learning about great past events through a few movies that are directed and produced with sound history. Band of Brothers and From the Earth to the Moon are produced by Tom Hanks and Ron Howard. Steven Spielberg also produced Band of Brothers. Wow...these are some goodies that were HBO specials, mini-series. It's worth your time! Now that I am off my sales pitch...
Our break is not over, but it has been really fun.
It was raining this Thursday morning, so Tim and I went to the Science Center here in STL. It's amazing all the free fun we have. There were exhibits about tornado's, earthquakes, dinosaurs, the human body and how it works, especially details exhibits regarding the senses of sight, sound, and touch, a techno/cyber world, the largest hamster wheel, math puzzles, and more. I had a blast...I can't image what I would be like if I were a kid (yes, there is a difference).
Our break began with a trip to NC for my dear friend Niles' (my African friend that was in my wedding), her wedding reception. There will be another entry for that to share about our fun adventures. It was an incredible adventure. And that trip ended by meeting Marvin Padgett in Nashville for dinner. We were back in STL on Monday for work...but no school. We felt like kids again, staying up late and sleeping in. Hmmmm...some seasons in life are refreshing, no matter how old you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment