Back to the grind of school again...and with so many things that I should have done over the break. As listed before, Tim and I had a fabulous week enjoying each other...almost like the honeymoon but with 5-6 hours of work per day thrown in there.
I personally have many hobbies and one of them is making my own jewelry (mostly necklaces and earrings, some bracelets). The immersion of studies over the past 2 years have stiffled my time to create which is like taking someone off oxygen. I can obviously still breathe but it is hard. Being on student counsil this year has helped. I was able to assist in creating an event and felt useful as I served the student body here at Covenant. And being married to Tim now has really allowed those creative juices to flow. Service is a joy for many people but how one serves is the difference...be creative...it's more exhilerating.
Saturday, Ruth Nichols (my maid of honor and best friend) came over to pick me up around 3pm to venture to a bead store. We were quickly lost in all the colors and variations of beads to make jewelry. We left the store in short order because they closed at 4pm...whew!!! It's a good thing I found this store so late in the game...otherwise, I would be broke. We then proceeded to a local coffee shop across from a park, sat outside, spread out our supplies, enjoyed a Dr. Pepper (our favorite soda if we partake in any - neither of us drink coffee) and ate a yummy coconut macaroon as we began to make some earrings, etc. We had the best time talking as we were seriously focused on getting the stubborn wire tweaked to our liking. This experience almost reminded me of some of the patients I worked with and how they talked their "get togethers" as they did their puzzles or knitting. Both of which I also do. Ruth and I needed some time together and everthing else made it that much more special. I highly encourage it!
Not only was our conversation encouraging, but the weather was perfect, blooms were floating in the wind, birds were chirping overhead, and outside in the middle of the patio there were loads of people with dogs coming in and out of the coffee shop. Thanks Ruth...I needed that...love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment