Thursday, March 3, 2011

February Festive Fun

If not outside getting some fresh air from all these crazy illnesses in February, we have been inside doing some fun art projects.

The boys are on top of this huge snow mountain left from the Blizzard at the end of our cul-de-sac. It's almost gone now (finally).

Wow, caught a photo of both boys looking at camera.

Here is a sweet picture of my little honey!

Liam has recently enjoyed climbing all over the snow mounds...because he can move on the icy snow more than the powdered snow.

Declan watching brother play while out of the wind and elements.

STORY TIME - Liam loves to read to Declan.


ICE RING: Annalisa gave me a great idea to make a sun catcher...

...made of ice. So we used food coloring (only had yellow) and made an ice ring.

well, the yellow bled to the whole ice ring instead of staying in the hearts. Oppps. We will have to try again if it ever stays under 32 degrees again.

But it was great to see some color outside our window. It was fun to watch for a few days before it melted.



Declan was patiently watching brother paint.

COOKED PLAY DOUGH HEARTS:


...and painted them red.


HEART CRAYONS:

This was an "ah ha" moment for me. What a fun idea! Got it from another mom-blog. Liam enjoyed putting the pieces in the hearts.

Liam played with the wrappers while it melted on lowest setting for about 10 minutes.

For those who know me...I tend to gravitate towards dark colors...but this rainbow of hearts was so therapeutic for me to enjoy! It's been such a blah winter.

I love the swirl and clump patterns in the crayons.


I let them set over night, thankfully Liam forgot about them. But he enjoyed coloring with them the next morning...

...with Noni.


POTATO STAMPS:

circles, stars, squares, hearts, flowers...

The results? More like potato smears than stamps...but it was fun for this cabin fever 2 yr. old. I'm so thankful for the additional bonus of fun craft ideas in the "Super Baby Food" book.


Good bye February...and good bye to all the germs! Don't come back for a while. But I must admit the crafts were fun this month!
And now we welcome this Irish month with open arms- what will we do this March? Hmmmm, I have to start looking for some fun ideas! Please send them my way if you know of any!

1 comment:

The Boys and Me said...

I can't remember where I saw this, but it looked like fun for St. Patty's Day. Take a green bell pepper and cut it in half medially (is that the correct anatomical term?). Get the seeds out and it will make a 4 leaf clover stamp. Blot in green finger paint and then stamp on a white t-shirt or paper. You have to add the stem with your finger though. I think we might try it.