Thursday, November 5, 2009

Crawling

Liam has been crawling for about 1 week now on his hands and knees. But he has been doing the tummy crawl for many weeks now. So he has been fairly mobile for a while...

...but he was unleashed today. He keeps sliding on the hardwood floor while wearing pants. I wish I had sticky knee pads he could wear. So...I decided to take his pants off so his skin can grip the floor better. Ohhhhhhh boy! And he's off! He has crawled the length of our house many times today. But I can tell his arms are getting tired.

(These are plastic bottles and super-duper sealed vitamins.)
The bottom of shoes are just disgusting to me. I leave my shoes at the door and don't want to live with the elements of the world all around my house. All that to say...Liam has a shoe fetish right now. Uggggg! Of all the ones to have. Anytime my slippers are off, they are in his mouth. Yuck! He even tries to take them off our feet while we are wearing them. When we try to put his coat on by the front door, it becomes "put all the shoes back on the shoe rack" time. He's a boy, yeah, and I want him to be dirty, yes, but it is still something that I am trying to overcome. His immune system is definitely going to get stronger that way.

We love you Liam and want you to be an adventurer...just don't eat shoes! Congrats on becoming mobile. Oh, the things you can do and places you can go to discover how awesome this world is. Promise me you will go to all the continents with us! :)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

YAY!!! Smart to take his pants off. So fun.

The Harts said...

Way to go Liam! You are such a big boy. Can you come teach your friend Miranda how to crawl? She's trying but can't quite make it work yet.

The Boys and Me said...

Cousin Samuel says, "Welcome to the world of mobility!" He watched the videos and pointed to Liam and said "Ba Ba." (That's "baby" in Samuel talk.)