Monday, January 14, 2008

Chicago Beach and Dinner Boat Cruise


We drove to Illinois State Beach Park on Saturday to celebrate our 1 yr. Anniversary. Our actual anniversary was spent apart. I was stuck in the airport all day trying to return from Wichita, KS from Gustavo and Stephanie Formenti's wedding. I had a connector flight landing in St. Louis. When I arrived, we found out that our 45 min. layover turned into a 5 hour lay over. Chicago visibility was horrible that morning and the planes couldn't land. So...in St. Louis on a Sunday morning at 9am, I called Ruth to pick me up and we had a great 2 hour lunch at Forest Park. OH...I miss that park. Thanks Ruth!
We walked along the beach.
We froze as we ate lunch on this huge piece of drift wood.
Tim was trying to teach me how to skip rocks. He threw one rock and it skipped more than 25-30 feet. It was AWESOME! We were both amazed.
Tim wanted to drive over the Wisconsin border because we could...we live so close. It was about 3 miles from Illinois State Beach Park.

That night Tim had a surprise plan for our celebration.

CHICAGO DINNER BOAT TOUR

We boarded and enjoyed cruising the city skyline from the lake for 3 hours.

We boarded at Navy Pier

We had great conversations over a four course meal.

Thanks Tim for all your fun surprises and for constantly wooing me. I love you!

2 comments:

April Barber said...

How fun....We went to Chicago for our one year anniversary! But it sounds more fun to celebrate because you LIVE there! Happy Anniversary. We miss you here.....

Sunshine Eyes said...

Good husband, huh?! Well done friend. You guys look so great all dressed up for your big night out. I love the skipping rocks picture too. So glad you're learning new things together. How are you finding life in Chicago? Are you beginning to settle in at all?