Tim and I had the opportunity to visit the Kennedy's in Utah for the weekend. (For those of you who don't know the Kennedy's - Tim's sister and family. Heather, Ewan (husband), and three boys- Calvin, Cooper, and
Canon.) We were excited about being able to venture in the West and get out of the plains. Of all places, they live up in the mountains. That's as close to heaven as it gets for the both of us. These pictures don't do any justice to the
grandeur of this place. We haven't seen them since the wedding so unions are always sweet times.

This is the view outside the Kennedy's home.

We walked the dog daily to this small park in the neighborhood.
Canon, Uncle Tim and Aunt Emmalee climbing trees.
Canon was riding a bike, we didn't make him put on a helmet to climb a tree (even though it is a good thought).

We hiked up Park City mountain on Saturday morning. Tim, Calvin, and Cooper went all the way to the top while I stayed with Canon (youngest) half way. The 3 guys saw a wild sheep and had to walk through a large heap of moose poop to make it to the top. This area was their dumping ground...no way around it. For those of you who don't know, people sell moose poop and make jewelry out of it. I used to have this beautiful moose poop barrette in high school that my sister, Annalisa, gave me from Jackson Hole, WY when she used to live there. It sounds repulsive but I never knew it until she told me what it was made of. I thought is was oddly clever and interesting. That's using your resources and intense recycling.

The little guys were showing us the way.

Snow clouds moving out away from Park City.
We went out to dinner one night and we found this USA Olympic statue.
(From top to bottom: Canon, Cooper, Tim and Calvin)

The winners are...they are standing according to age. It just happened that way.
Downtown Park City main street with beautiful trees turning colors.

This is one view from a neighborhood park.
Lastly we ventured to the USA ski park.
We are standing in front of the Winter Olympic Games Sky slopes. There were athletes in summer/fall training using water instead of snow. It froze on the slopes.
3 comments:
Looks like it was great fun! That practice ski jump is CRAZY!! I guess you've got to practice even when there's no snow on the ground. Glad y'all had such a good time. Hopefully someday soon you'll be able to come and play in the mountains here :0)
AWESOME pictures!!! Okay, I might take up ski jumping, if I can land in a pool of water like that instead of snow. It looked incredible! And I can't believe how big the kiddos are. Love the hiking pics and the tree climbing pic. Ya'll must be the coolest Uncle and Aunt around!
We've got a 2nd bedroom with your name on it, if you want to vacation in the UK!
You would never that those three boys would or could be so wonderfully cute. It does help when I am the oldest of them.
Post a Comment