Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Engage-iversary

October 5th, 2006 (also Happy Birthday Joanna)- one year ago now - Tim popped the big question. The funny part is, we have been married longer than our dating and engaged time put together. Nine months now and still counting.
We went back to Forest Park to the Boat House Restaurant and went for a boat ride as we killed time for our 1 hour dinner wait. We normally rent a row boat but we were stuck with a paddle boat this time. It's a work out but I felt like I was riding a little kids bike. I am convinced that they do not make these boats for people with long legs.


Another crazy aspect to the evening was the weather. I was wearing a fleece last year when Tim proposed but this year because of a crazy heat wave we were wearing clothing suited for 93 degree weather. Uggggh! Take us back to Park City. (For those who don't know, we like colder weather better than hot weather, especially Emmalee.)




2 comments:

Sunshine Eyes said...

I like that new holiday. Your engageiversary. We celebrate that every year on Valentine's day! Glad to hear that it was a happy one... hugs and kisses from London (and maybe a wave from the little guy, he's getting good at those now).

debchastain said...

Sounds like a fun day! Is it wrong that I can't remember the exact day that Blayne proposed? It was either March 27th or 28th, so at least I've got a range :)