Friday, July 27, 2007

Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich

Okay this might sound really weird but I can't remember a time when I didn't eat these sandwiches. I grew up on them. And many of my friends as well. It's not just a GA thing...many friends from all over the States have eaten and at least heard of a PB and banana sandwich.

Well, I had to introduce it to my husband. I made him one and he thought it rather strange. He commented that they just don't "go together." It's putting random food groups together like jelly and oranges or whatever seems like an odd combination.

"It's not bad, just never thought to put these two together." Tim says


It was such a momentous occasion that I had to record it. Ahhh...the adventures of Tim. But not just Tim...if you have not tried one, you must! But take heed, once you start, you can't stop.

4 comments:

debchastain said...

Its funny. I love peanut butter and bananas together. But I've always just eaten it in a bowl. My mom likes it in a sandwich, but with mayo which makes me grimace. Good to hear Tim's branching out-that you're broadening his horizons :0) Glad to hear the plans are coming together for the move to Chicago (still a bit sad that its not to CO, but there's lots of life ahead, and God willing the West will continue to beckon you :0)

Nosaj said...

Tim I thought you were from the south! Every good southern boy has eaten a "penaut butter and banana sandwich" and knows what wonderful goodness rests in the joining of these two food groups. I thank God that he provided you with a good southern wife who is breaking you of your northern ways. I'll be praying for you :)

Sunshine Eyes said...

TIM! How could you possibly forget?! The JOY, the thrill, that is the KRUSTY SHAKE!?!?!? If ever the pairing of the blessed banana and the perfection of creamy peanut butter were made more righteous, it was by a good dousing in chocolate! So how could you ever claim that you had not thought of these two tastes going together, when you yourself were witness to the madness and mayhem of watching drooling high school kids line up for the delicious combinations coming out of Dan Carpenter's blender. It was by far, the very best thing ever served from a cafeteria line! Oh, maybe you were just a tad distracted by our worst fight ever?!? :) My dear brother, forget not the crusty shake, but venture forth into the happy land of all things banana-ish and peanut-buttery. A world awaits!

Well done, my dear EM, keep expanding those horizons!

And by the way, LOVE the blog! Keep it up!! Makes you all feel so much closer, even as we're leaving the Windy City.

Grover Gunn said...

Has he tried a bottled coke with a bag of Tom's salted roasted peanuts poured into it?

Grover Gunn
raised in Arkansas