Monday, November 24, 2008

Risky Adventure

My dear husband, who received 20 more grey hairs from stress over the course of this past weekend, didn't tell me that I couldn't attend my best friends wedding even though it was only 12 days from the due date. We drove 300 miles to St. Louis after a great doctors visit and celebrated with Ruth and Ed. I still haven't delivered this little bundle of joy and I would have been destroyed for life if I didn't go to Ruth's wedding. So...we took the risk as no one knew about the adventure except Ruth and others in the wedding party.

Bethany, Amy, Ruth, Nina, me and Jessica - the bridesmaids with the Bride at Kaldi's on Thursday evening for a small gathering/shower. Girls...I am so glad we did this...what a great way to start out the weekend. It was a blast to meet all of you finally. Thanks for being such great friends to Ruth.

Friday morning we had a Bridal Brunch at the Harlow home.
Back row: Jenn, Amy, Patrice, Ruth, Mary (Ruth's mom), Bethany, baby Padgett, and Emmalee
Front row: Nina, Marlow and Amy Nichols (niece and sister-in-law) and Jessica

Wedding day: Ruth was craving broccoli and cheddar cheese soup from Panera (very typical of Ruth to crave soup, a comfort food). I loved it Ruth and wouldn't expect any different. We covered her with plastic and all enjoyed yummy grilled chicken sandwiches.

three of us bridesmaids were pregnant...me being almost 9 months, Nina at 6 months and Bethany at 4 months. We were blessing Ruth's marriage with fertility.

Ruth and Ed Harlow - Congratulations...we love you!

I was surprised to see Stephanie Kooienga, mine and Ruth's first roommate in St. Louis, whom we also knew in Macon, GA. (Steph was one reason why I attended Cov. Seminary) Sorry Steph our visit was so short...it was a joy to hug your neck and visit. Blessings to your family in Mississippi.

Here are the 3 Padgetts

Long weekend...had to capture the swollen ankles and feet, which go down after a day of elevation.

cutting the cake

I love you guys...Welcome to the family Ed.
Ruth, you were a stunning bride and thank you for letting me celebrate with you.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

You crazy woman, you! :) Although there are many fine hospitals here in St. Louis (MOBap is the best for giving birth, I've decided). And I'm sure Tim would have done just fine if you had gone into labor somewhere between Chicago and St. Louis. I think there's a page in one of my books about delivering the baby yourself - so just feel free to call and I can read it to you if you go on another trip and go into labor en route. :)

You look absolutely fantastic for late pregnancy - I was about the size of a whale at that point. And I remember the cankles all too well. Hang in there - not too much longer!!

Sunshine Eyes said...

WOW! You look gorgeous, but I'm now convinced you're crazy!!!! :) JK. I really do love it that you HAD to go to that wedding, and I'm amazed at how well you look when you're 38.3 weeks pregnant! I've been thinking of you every single day. Can't wait to hear about the little one's arrival. We will be thinking of you and praying for you and celebrating with you from afar... Do try to take it easy between now and then - if you can!! :)

The Morginskys said...

you look awesome! blessings to you both!