Friday, May 4, 2007

Smiling Eyes


You have to admit that they are related! They have the same smiling eyes. This is the first angle food cake I have made and maybe the last. Wow...I didn't realize that it takes 1.5 hours to beat the eggs until they become thick...without mama Padgett there, I would have given up. I knew there was a reason I didn't like to bake...something about the time that goes into it. I am convinced that other desserts are better investments of time...going to the store, choosing a yummy ice cream, walking to the check out lane and buying the product to enjoy for a long time. You never have to worry about this dessert getting dry (because it is demolished in about 5 days anyway) or all the clean up.
However, it was an adventure on our first Easter together with the Padgetts in Chicago. Calvin flew from Park City, Utah, to spend his spring break with the grandparents and celebrate the two April birthdays. It was a great weekend...thanks for building memories in our lives.

No comments: