Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Living Room

Thanks to Ruth Stith's family...we were referred to this great online furniture company called Home Reserve. You pick, buy and build your own furniture. It was hard work but incredibly fulfilling to know you built your own sofa and love seat. We had to retire the 20 year old sofa due to metal pieces protruding inviting Liam to make it worse. And 3 times I have treated scars around his eye area due to sofa scrapes. No more...so we found our new living room set.

Liam helping to unwrap the cushions.
Mmmm...I love power drills. We watched the Olympics and built our furniture.

Emma built the sofa by herself. It was encouraging how reinforced all the wood pieces were. It looks flimsy but the final product is very secure.

We had to upholster it piece by piece and then put it all together. Hurray! And we got a storage ottoman for the middle. We wanted something for our feet more than our coffees.
We love it! Now I just need to finish making some new pillows and our living room will be our first as a couple and now as a family. Yippy!

2 comments:

The Boys and Me said...

Wow! That looks great!!!!!!!!!! Great interior decorating!

Ruth said...

I LOVE it! It looks great! That's the same style that we have. I hope you're enjoying it.