Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nigerian Wedding


Here are some photos and fun memories of Niles Wedding in Charolette, NC on March 17th. Niles and Mark were married in Nigeria with their traditional ceremonies. During the reception in Charolette they showed us their recording of the ceremony and we learned that Niles had to present Mark worthy of join their tribe and family. He had to prove his strength and ability to dance. They asked him countless questions to test him. Through all of this, the whole village was present and their was a lot of music and laughter and an air of joy!

Four years before this marriage, Niles wrote her parents and told them all about him. So the courtship was long but respectful for and to the family. I was encouraged at Mark's pursuit of Niles and his leadership towards this goal.

Congratulations to both of you.

For those who do not know Niles, we went to college together. She was the first person I met in the dorms and we became Christians around the same time. Going through ups and downs has only strengthen our friendship and it was always encouraging and refreshing to know that she was always there. Thank you for sharing with me in my marriage and thank you for letting us be apart of yours. It's was a reassuring delight to see you glowing as much as you did! You deserve the best and I am overjoyed that Mark loves you as he does. He literally flew around the world for you! ;)

Mu ma fien Nita! (I love you Niles)

Tim and I had a blast!!!!! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you!

No comments: